Thursday, October 22, 2009

a trend i wish would die forever.

Okay, maybe people see these as a joke. But I have seen quite a few people wearing them legitimately out in public when they are not intending [or so I believe...] to go dance on a pole and remove their clothes.

Clear heels. Why. I just do not understand. At all.

Unfortunately, the trend has shown up again on runways for Spring 2010, which I neglected to notice until seeing a post on the Cut. Apparently, Milan designers that I have come to respect, such as Prada or DSquared2, think this is a good idea.

Well, Miuccia, Dean, and Dan, you are sorely mistaken. Please do not ever create shoes that incorporate plastic. It's unbecoming and ugly.

I literally cannot help but scrunch up my face disapprovingly if I see anyone wearing these or see them in a store somewhere. I'm sorry for my strong opinions, but I support the furthering of fashion, not disgusting footwear.

And it isn't really the actual heel part of the shoe that bothers me. I mean I don't like it, but it doesn't make my skin crawl. It's the top of the shoe where real straps are supposed to be, but instead clear panels lie. Not okay.

And that concludes my rant for this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment