Wednesday, October 28, 2009

louboutin soars to new heights, and not in heels.


I was reading my new issue of W Magazine the other day, and found this on the short news page.

Apparently, Christian Louboutin [the man that made the red sole famous and lust worthy] has collaborated with champagne maker extraordinaire Piper-Heidsieck to create a glass champage flute that resembles a five inch Louboutin pump.

The flutes are only available at the Piper-Heidsieck online store and Neiman Marcus as part of the Le Rituel gift set for $500. But, it comes with champagne. Wowza.

“There is something a little bit corny of drinking out of a shoe,” Louboutin says. “I thought of Cinderella, so the shoe became a symbol of the lost person.”

The tradition of drinking out of a lady's heel began in the 1880s after Russian ballerinas gave up their slippers for counts to drink out of in celebration.

Sounds a little strange to me. But I suppose if you'd like to try it, and you have a spare $500 laying around somewhere, run over to Neimans and pick up a Loub flute.

1 comment:

  1. I saw this same thing and immediately thought of you on NYEve and wishing I had $500 to blow. But really I would need $1,000 because of course you've trained your brother that whatever one gets the other gets equal . . .

    ReplyDelete