Thursday, October 22, 2009

a present to myself/quote of the day.

I received an email a few days ago from one of my favorite online discount boutiques, Yoox, informing me of their semi-annual (so this will happen to me twice perhaps...) sample sale. This sale involves the words 90% off. That's right. 90%.

I was a bit late, unfortunately, but was able to snag a gorgeous, but wacko pair of Stella McCartney wedges for $80. That's right. $80. Now to some of you, that sounds like a steep price. But these shoes retail for hundreds.

And I got them for 90% off...

They are almost a slate grey/blueish color, and totally inappropriate for this upcoming season of crap, but worth staring at in my closet as a promise of spring's very distant arrival. Ugh.

Take a looksie.

Also, the quote of the day from Stella herself:

“It’s really belittling of the customer to think that anyone from a different price bracket deserves anything less.”
-Stella McCartney in the New York Times on her design for Gap Kids

1 comment:

  1. nothing short of amazing. can't wait to see these babies in person ;)

    ReplyDelete