Sunday, October 18, 2009

star struck.

So I've never met a celebrity. At least never one that was a surprise, as I have stood at countless stage doors for Broadway shows. Anyways, the point is, I feel as if I would be the star struck babbling idiot that can't contain her joy.

Let's just say I was. I got to work today bright and early to find camera crews running around the second floor of Nordstrom. Who were they filming you ask? The fabulous Tim Gunn of Project Runway.

So maybe he isn't the most famous celebrity, but I certainly freaked out. I've loved that show since it came on. And I've always said I want Tim to be my best friend.

After many moments of standing around watching him film for an upcoming Oprah episode in which he helps five guys get made over in our store and in our clothes, I was too scared to approach him even as he stood in my department.

However, the salespeople made me go up and shake his hand. He really is the nicest guy. He asked me my name and everything, like he cared. I really don't even remember what I said, I'm sure something idiotic. But that was a highlight of my weekend.

I'm posting on Alexander McQueen's show tomorrow. I've been delaying because I'm not sure if I can write the correct words to describe the genius of the show. But I'm gonna try.

No comments:

Post a Comment