Wednesday, October 14, 2009

my first fashion show.

So last Thursday night, my favorite employer hosted a Men's Fashion Event on our floor, successfully turning our cases full of merchandise into a full scale bar and our main aisle into a full scale runway.

Nordstrom collaborated with CS Magazine to host this fabulous event. We had a famous Chicago DJ, gorgeous male models, and news cameras all over the place. Unfortunately, it was my job to make sure the shirts were straight and the customers were happy rather than enjoying a delicious beverage and eyeing some gorgeous male models [but I did get paid. Yay].

But it really was an eye opening experience, even though it was small scale to the kind of shows I write about but only dream of one day attending. But the music and the vibe really suited me. Everyone seemed to be having a great time, and our wonderful store manager and my favorite men's furnishings girl in the world really made the night something bigger than just a little fashion event on the second floor of our store.

What really floored me is how great all the attendees looked [minus, of course, the homeless man that continued to compliment me on my shoes. ugh. how did he even get up there? who knows]. Seriously, everyone was dressed to the nines, and of course I knew this is how people dress when going to a fashion event, but it was a bit shocking to see it first hand.

Overall, I'm so glad I skipped class [sorry, professor] to come to work and experience this event. NBC and CS Magazine covered the event and took some video. Sorry for the lack of good pictures... like I said, I felt kind of awkward whipping out my iPhone while on the clock. But I got a couple. Enjoy!

Ps. Skip to .48 seconds if you want to skip to the show.

Pps. Here was my job for half the evening. Yes that is a giant pile and bar full of unfolded men's dress shirts. Ugh. Glamorous. To be fair, that's probably one of the most intense piles I have encountered while working there. But still.

No comments:

Post a Comment