Thursday, October 15, 2009

interesting factoid.

I saw this in that stupid in flight magazine on my way home from Boston and forgot to post it. Typical.

Apparently, a British clothing company, Matalan, asked onepoll.com to do a survey of how long women take picking out their clothes.

The big number?

Women spend a total of 287 days of their lives choosing the clothes they wear. I was floored. More details include the hours per year women spend choosing clothes:

-64 hours on weekday mornings
-24 hours on weekend mornings
-34 hours on weekday evenings [uh...pjs?]
-17 hours on weekend evenings [this is the most surprising.]
-6 hours on gym and activities
-3.5 hours on dinner parties
-1.7 hours on vacation packing [um. much, much longer.]
-6.6 hours on vacation

Thanks Southwest airlines in flight magazine? It may be way off, but it is definitely still interesting. How long do you spend picking out your outfits? I know a few people who would throw this survey wayyy off.

[Just for clarification. That picture is of my old closet in my last apartment right after I moved in. I know, disaster. I just thought it was funny and appropriate.]

No comments:

Post a Comment